The Universal Story Of Free Classified Ads

Thursday, August 21, 2014


I remember my grandpa reading newspaper wearing spectacles on his nose. On completing newspaper, he always used to tell the best deals from the classified page for each of us. We used to call him using an adjective, i.e. free classifieds ads grandpa because he never charged us for revealing the best deals in the city. For my father the categories were old cars, bikes and houses, for my mother the categories were marked down apparel brands and for me he used to announce the highly paid part-time job opportunities. I think each one of us shares this common story of grandpa reading & telling free classifieds ads.

How grandpa’s habit of narrating classified page has turned into a full-fledged internet marketing vehicle. “Online Classified Ads” is the concept we have borrowed from our ancestors which has reckoned internet market with tangible results. People have become more inclined towards online classified ads instead of newspaper classified pages. The reason is only one, i.e. more viewership. The major global population is technology savvy that drive vendors/sellers to exhibit their promotional offers on classified portals and users to hunt the most reasonable deals for themselves online.

Today my daughter’s grandpa (my father) reads & tells the classified ads. The difference between the two generations is technology and the common thing is drooping spectacles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Top